RESOURCES FOR IMPACTED FAMILY MEMBERS, FRIENDS, AND OTHERS AT RISK
- Midland Care – Grief Services – (785) 232-2044
- Topeka Healing After Loss by Suicide (Topeka HEALS) – Stormont Vail Pozez Education Center – Third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Sandy Reams is the contact at 785-249-3792
- Shawnee County Suicide Prevention Coalition website http://www.scspc.org/
- Survivors of Suicide Handbook (Click Here)
- Family Service & Guidance Center (FSGC) offers a Grief Support Group every 3rd Tuesday from 5 to 6 p.m. for young people ages 12-15. Participants do not have to be clients of FSGC. Dr. Connie Romig is the contact person at 785-232-5005.
- Family Service & Guidance Center’s Crisis Line (call 785-232-5005 and ask for Crisis). During office hours, the receptionist will contact the crisis team, and they will call you back quickly. If you are calling after hours, the answering service will answer, get the necessary information from you, and staff will call you back. This crisis line is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Family Service & Guidance Center’s Admission – Call 785-232-5005 and ask for admissions. You will be directed to an individual who will take your details and set up an appointment. Parents are encouraged to visit FSGCtopeka.com/start to pre-register their child and download admissions paperwork before coming in.
- Family Service and Guidance Center also offers a daily Admission Clinic that allows children to be seen the same day. Please call 785-232-5005 or visit FSGCtopeka.com/start for more details.
- Valeo Behavioral Health Care Grief Support Group – First Mondays of each month from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. at 400 SW Oakley. The contact person is Donna Park and the contact number is 785-783-7527. There is no cost and the grief group is open to adults in the general public.
- Valeo Behavioral Health Care Crisis Line is 785-234-3300, 24 –7 walk-in service.
- Valeo Behavioral Health Care Detox Line is 785-234-3448.